Summer is only here for a little while longer. A peach cobbler with warm buttery biscuits and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream will help you enjoy the last days of the season.
- 3 Cans Canned Peaches (16 ounce cans)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Melt butter in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk. Pour the batter over the melted butter in the baking dish (Do Not Stir!). Spread the peaches, and their liquid, evenly around the pan (Do Not Stir!). Sprinkle the peaches with cinnamon, if using.
- Bake until the crust turns golden brown, about 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe can be modified to use fresh peaches. The recipe for the peach filling is as follows: 4 Cups sliced fresh peaches, 1 Cup sugar, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, 1 Tsp. cinnamon, 1 Tsp. Baking powder. In a medium saucepan combine peaches, sugar, lemon.