Surprise and delight anyone with these pancakes stuffed withNutella. The rich spread is cleverly frozen into little discs and then plunked right onto an almost-pancake, then covered with another. The spread melts and oozes in the middle as the double-stacked pancake griddles. Try making them with frozen peanut butter discs for an easy variation. …
- 10 to 14 tablespoons Nutella®
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon 1-½ tablespoons of Nutella® onto the prepared pan. Spread it out into a round disc about 2-½ inches in diameter.
- Repeat, making 7 to 8 Nutella® discs. Place the pan in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the Nutella® discs are firm and hold their shape.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium-low heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix the pancake batter until fully blended.
- Spray the preheated griddle with pan spray, and wipe away excess.
- Pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter on the prepared griddle. Place 1 frozen Nutella® disc into the center of the batter.
- Top the Nutella® disc with enough batter to cover completely. When the batter begins to bubble the pancake is ready to be flipped.
- Flip and cook the pancake for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Keep the completed pancakes warm while preparing the remaining pancakes. Serve warm.
How great do these pancakes look?! We just love cutting into them to reveal those delectable discs of Nutella® inside. It’d be a fun way to add a sweet surprise to a breakfast for your family. Just imagine their faces when they bite into these pancakes and discover that awesome chocolate hazelnut spread oozing out!
So what do you think of our Nutella®-stuffed pancakes? Have you ever tried making them before? Did you use this technique, or did you figure out a different way to get that Nutella® in there? What other delicious ingredients would you like to stuff inside your pancakes?
Be sure to let us know if you give this recipe a try, and come back to let us know how they turn out for you!