Every food offers a slightly different nutritional profile, and choosing the best foods for weight loss can make all the difference. Fiber, protein and other substances in foods exert powerful influences on physical processes, including appetite suppression and stimulating metabolism.
Do you want to lose weight by making use of food’s nutritional benefits? Are you tired of trying super-restrictive diets that leave you hungry?
You should know that nature offers you a wide variety of fat burning foods that help with the weight loss process.
The best part is that you can choose the ones you like best. And, you can cook them in different ways.
If you want to reduce the amount of body fat, the best thing to do is choose a menu that is diverse and rich in fat-burning foods.
Remember, you shouldn’t ever abuse food. And, it’s always good to get advice from a doctor or nutritionist. If you have any illness, it’s a good idea to get advice from both of these specialists.
The first of the fat-burning foods are eggs. You may think that they are a bad choice because of their yolks.
However, eggs are one of the most important protein sources. This is because of both the benefits it brings and its low cost.
It is a good idea to replace high-calorie breakfasts with eggs. And, they can be served several different ways.
- The best recipes include vegetables and a minimal amount of fat.
- Remember, you should not eat more than two eggs per day.
- If you want to stay away from all fats, you can eat just the whites. But, it’s not necessary.
Celery reduces body fat and gives you a high content of water and fiber. These encourage rapid food digestion.
- You can add it to fruit smoothies that are rich in vitamin C, soups and salads. Doing this lets you take better advantage of its cleansing and natural laxative properties.
This is one of the best fat-burning foods. Your body needs more calories to process it than it gives you.
Because of its benefits, we recommend always having some celery stalks at home. This is one of the easiest vegetables to grow. So, you can save a lot if you decide to have a small garden in your yard.
Maybe you haven’t heard about the great fat-burning benefits that chilies and spicy peppers have.
- You should know that these foods are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. The Capsaicin that peppers have help to reduce the fat your body has stored.
You don’t need to eat foods that are too spicy. Add a chili or a spicy pepper to your recipes to enjoy the benefits without the strong kick.
Green Tea is the most recommended fat-burning food. Ideally, you should drink 3 to 4 cups a day.
Its antioxidant characteristics help to purify your body. It also speeds up your metabolism.
If the tea is too bitter for your taste, use it as a base for your smoothies.
This food has been known for centuries. They say that the Greeks kept their bodies thin by eating this great fat-burner.
But, this doesn’t work for everyone. To really lose weight, you need to choose low-fat, natural yogurt. And, it needs to be sugar and conservative free.
Unfortunately, it’s not that easy. Many commercial brands add these two elements. As a result, you need to read the labels.
- If you don’t like the taste of natural yogurt, you can add a piece of natural fruit or a teaspoon of honey.
This is another one of the best foods for burning body fat. The best options are:
These kinds of fish speed up your metabolism. And, they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. And, these are substances that fight the accumulation of fat in your veins and arteries.
The proteins in soy milk make it one of the best fat burners. Also, it makes you feel satisfied after drinking it. And, it gives you calcium and vitamins.
Soy milk has the benefit of being easy to mix with other things, so you can:
- Blend it with a fruit to give it flavor.
- Use it as a base for your smoothies.
- Use it with whole grains such as oats.
What kind of cereals do you add to your daily diet? Most people opt for refined cereals like white rice or plain pasta.
It’s always better to use healthier options like:
- Wild or whole rice
- Whole wheat
You should eat them as whole as possible because your body will use twice as much energy to digest them. This causes your body to keep burning fat.
You shouldn’t eat the refined versions of grains. And, you especially shouldn’t eat any of the ones that have a sweetener. This is because they are not good as fat-burning foods.
Fruits are fat-burning foods that are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. They are an essential food in every diet. This is especially true because most of them contain large amounts of water.
While many of them can help you lose body fat, the best ones are:
- Citrus fruits (grapefruit, orange, lemon)
Something to be careful about is the amount you eat. You won’t lose weight by eating too much fruit. You might compromise your blood sugar levels if you eat too much.
To avoid this, never eat more than one serving of fruit per meal.
Everyone knows it’s important to drink plenty of water, but when you’re working on losing weight, pay attention to timing and temperature for even better results.
- One study with middle-aged adults following a fat-loss diet showed that drinking 17 ounces of water half an hour before meals increased feelings of fullness and led to 44% more weight loss.
- That same 17 ounces of water has a significant impact on metabolism, boosting rates by up to 30% for the next sixty to ninety minutes.
- When you drink cold water, the body expends energy (calories) to take off the chill; this leads to more calories burned daily using this strategy.
Caffeine is a common ingredient in weight loss aids because it steps up the body’s fat-burning capacity.
- Metabolism can be dramatically affected, with temporary rises ranging between 3% and 11%, while fat-burning rates climb by 10% to 29%.
- Drinking 4 to 6 cups of coffee daily could help you burn up to 150 more calories, but the effect is temporary since people build up a tolerance to caffeine.
The medium-chain fatty acids found in coconut oil exert powerful biological effects on the body, partly because they are metabolized differently than most fats.
- Test participants in one study who included coconut oil in their diet experienced more feelings of fullness that resulted in eating less food, to the tune of 256 fewer calories daily; additionally, up to 120 calories were burned each day.
- Coconut oil can also help reduce excess belly fat, which is a risk factor for developing chronic diseases; subjects in a controlled trial who ate two tablespoons of coconut oil daily had significant reductions in waist measurements.
Apple Cider Vinegar
With a long-standing positive reputation in the health community, apple cider can yield impressive benefits.
- It’s well-known for lowering blood sugar levels after high-carb meals, which can help with weight control.
- Subjects who took apple cider vinegar along with a carb-loaded menu felt so full afterward that they consumed between 200 and 275 fewer calories over the remainder of the day.
- Obese participants in another trial downed a tablespoon or two of apple cider daily, losing modest amounts of weight (2.6 to 3.7 pounds) over a 12-week period.
Choose Your Allies
Losing weight is challenging, but making smart selections about which foods and beverages to include in your plan will make it much easier.